30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health (English)
|Jul 25, 2022 at 03:00 pm||Jul 28, 2022 at 03:00 pm|
|Day 1: July 25, 2022 3:00pm to 11:00pm|
|Day 2: July 26, 2022 3:00 pm to 11:00pm|
|Day 3: July 27, 2022 3:00 pm to 11:00pm|
|Day 4: July 28, 2022 3:00 pm to 11:00pm|
|*ALL SESSIONS MANDATORY FOR COURSE COMPLETION|
Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this training course. However students must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language that the training is provided in, and have a computer, tablet or phone that we can hear and see you for class participation.
Audience: This program is more applicable for the construction supervisor, with a more intensified focus on various occupational safety and health hazards. The 30-HR OSHA Training is also required for individuals applying as a Site Safety Manager, Site Safety Coordinator, and/or Superintendent based on the applicant’s qualifications.
Event Description: The 30HR OSHA Construction Safety and Health Training was developed by the US Department of Labor. It examines OSHA policies, procedures, and standards as well as construction safety and health principles. The training focuses on those areas that are most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. All students will receive a certificate of completion and in approximately 4-6 weeks after the training conclusion a laminated 30-HR Construction Safety Outreach course card issued by OSHA.
Event Logistics: Swing Staging Training & Safety, LLC provides certification of specific OSHA and Scaffold operations and use. With presentation, equipment awareness, and physical interaction or widely used as well as new products in a classroom setting and practical operation of heavy equipment widely used throughout the industry in a practical room fitted with state of the art products. Students operate and fully inspect the live equipment they use and/or see on their job sites.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers
- Locate OSHA Standards references applicable to specific hazardous conditions and practices
- Recognize the aspects of 1926 Subpart C (General Safety and Health Provisions)
- Implement preventative measures for accidents in their workplace
- Describe types of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the requirements for use in OSHA standards
- Recognize the requirements for fire protection in the workplace
- Identify types of rigging equipment used to protect employees
- Identify the critical health and safety hazards of welding and cutting in the construction industry
- Implement measures for protecting workers and equipment from dangerous falls
- Recognize the hazards associated with working in or around excavation sites
- Recollect the safety requirements necessary to protect workers around concrete and masonry jobs
- Identify the precautions and hazards to protect workers using explosives or blasting agents
- Protect workers who perform jobs on or around stairways or ladders at worksites
- Describe the hazards and prevalence of confined spaces
- Identify common electrical hazards
- Recognize the importance of scaffolding for workers in elevated workplaces
How to Register: Email: email@example.com Fax: 718-361-2902
Or, you can come in to the office and fill out the application during office hours. A 50% deposit is required for your seat to be reserved. SSTS cannot guarantee your reservation without the deposit. Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card. Please allow 7 days for check clearance.
All course dates are subject to change due to class size.
Please bring the following items with you to class: Pen/Pencil, Paper to take notes, and a Photo ID. It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes and sneakers for the practical part of the course.
Refund Policy: Refunds are not permitted for courses that have been partially or fully completed. Full refund minus $25.00 service fee per person will be allowed if cancellation within 72 hours of class. Cancellation within 48 hours will be refunded 75 % of class cost, minus $25.00 service fee. Cancellation within 24 hours of class without a positive COVID test will result will receive 50% refunded minus $25.00 service fee. Refunds will not be issued for no call no shows or cancellation with less than 4 hours notice without a positive COVID test. If you test positive for COVID at a medical facility, home tests not accepted, you will be refunded 100% of class minus $25.00 service fee. Failures do not constitute refunds. If in the event you do not pass or complete the course, please contact us for available options.
Customer Support: There are always competent persons available during business hours to support, advice, and respond to any questions regarding the learner program (e.g. scheduling, registration). Staff is also available for emergency calls and/or emails after hours.